[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gardening Mystery Books

The twenty or more Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters are (?12th Cent.)
Benedictine-monastery-on-the-Welsh-border garden-oriented. Though while
Cadfael is the herbalist, I don't recall garden (or wild) plants figuring
directly in the skulduggery in more than a few of them. Hardly in the same
league as The Name Of The Rose, but definitely an easier read.

  BK---
        "You know German?"
        "Enough for bibliographies."
        "When I was in school, if you knew German, you never graduated. You
         just spent your life knowing German. Nowadays I think that happens
         with Chinese."
                             ---Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum