[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Plain & Others

Plain--the magazine of life, land and spirit. From the Center
for Plain Living. Contribs: W. Berry, W. Jackson, Logsdon, Kline,
Egenes, Robbins. 6/yr. $18. POB 200 Burton, OH  44021

Dwelling Portably & Light Living Library. Tiny-print homemade
pubs network about ultra-cheap nomadic lifestyles. $1 per issue.
A bunch have been made. (Send $5 why not.) POB 190, Philomath,
OR  97370

Bummers & Gummers. Reports, info and advice from a big communal
farm/homestead project. Looks like it's not being executed in
standard groovey-hippy form. Humor and realism actually abound.
Seems better and un-culty compared to likes of Zendik, etc.
Fresh ideas, good thinking. $6/yr for 4-6 issues. POB 91,
Lorane, OR  97451

P.S. These are some of the best 'alt' mags related to this 'alt' subject
that I've seen...and I see fifty a month. (All topics.) If you contact
these folks, tell em I sent you. In the case of Plain, ask "Why no note
yet to JP @ OYB? Why no trade? He's a good guy." I wrote em, no response--
I know they're busy, but what the hey. Much obliged. Jeff Potter, editor
Out Your Backdoor.