[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: deer fence

Hi, Kevin Smyth. Here in New York, and other states and provinces, we learn
a lot from farmers who raise fallow deer, and hence place a high priority
on keeping them IN. Several systems are worth looking at - although some
are more *serious* (e.g. expensive) than you probably intend. Although this
plan you propose sounds rather pricey just the same. A packet on deer
farming, and addresses of the North American Deer Farmers Assn. is
available from the Farming Alternatives Program, Warren Hall, Cornell
University, Ithaca, NY 14853 (607) 255-9832. Good luck! Nancy Grudens
Schuck

>Two four foot tall fences running parallel four feet apart will
>keep deer out of a field, so I'm told. Supposedly they won't jump
>the outer fence for fear of landing on the inner fence. Has anyone
>out there heard of this? Does it really work? Anyone have any
>experience with this? please let me know - deer are a MAJOR
>problem here in s.e. Ohio. Thanks - I am ksmyth@igc.apc.org

Nancy Grudens Schuck
108 Kennedy Hall
Dept. Education