Subject: Fwd: Urgent Message Please Review and Respond Immediately

 Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:23:43 -0800 (PST)
 From: Steve Guich <sguich@brains.bic.uci.edu>
  To: Undisclosed recipients:;

  *****************************
  |   Steven M. Guich, PhD.   |
  |   Brain Imaging Center    |
  |        UC Irvine          |
  | sguich@brains.bic.uci.edu |
  *****************************

 PLEASE SEND THIS EVERYWHERE YOU CAN.  MEDIA:  Please cover this
 immediately!  Please have Dr. Wright on your daytime and evening shows
ASAP. If anyone has Michael Reagan's mail site, please advise him.  And
 any others you may know throughout the nation.

 Hello,

 Please read the attached information.  We have only a very short period
of time to protect our freedom to buy vitamins and other supplements.

 Please direct this mail to everyone you can think of ASAP! It concerns
 the right to use vitamin supplements and therapeutic dosages of herbal
 remedies, food supplements and generally all forms of healing methods
based on non-pharmaceutical approaches! It is NO JOKE. We are about to
 lose our hard won health freedoms RIGHT NOW.  This message has been
 updated 10/21/97.

 YOU MAY LOSE THE RIGHT TO YOUR VITAMINS, HERBS, AND OTHER SUPPLEMENTS
IN
 LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!

An insidious bill, called the CODEX LAW or CODEX ALIMENTARIUS, has
 already been sneaked through both the Senate and the House of
 Representatives in record time.  It has been passed by both houses.
The
 Codex is a nutrition code to set worldwide standards for foods, drugs,
 pesticides and their trade. The latest German proposal includes the
 following provisions:

 1. No vitamin, mineral, herb or food supplement can be sold for
 preventative or therapeutic use.
2. None sold as a food can exceed dosage levels set by the Commission.
 For example, 50 mg of vitamin C is the top dosage sold in Germany
today.
 3. CODEX regulations for dietary supplements would become legally
binding
 in the USA through the GATT Treaty, which would involve enormous fines
in
 America if we did not comply.
 4. All new dietary supplements will be banned unless they pass the
CODEX
 approval process.  You can imagine what that means.

 The wording in the Congressional Bill uses the term "harmonization"
 which means that most senators and congresspersons are likely not aware
of the implications.

 The delegates that make up and decide on the CODEX mandates are made up
 of 90% of the giant Multi-national Pharmaceutical corporations. The
drug
 companies want to monopolize and create pharmaceutical versions of the
 Natural healthfood and nutrient business throughout the world. An
 example of the consequences:  possession of DHEA is now a felony in
 Canada with the same penalty as that for possession of drugs. You could
 go to jail for having DHEA in your house.

You have LESS THAN 10 DAYS to save your vitamins!

 The latest development as of 10/18/97 is that the House and Senate are
 now voting on a 3rd merged version of the Codex Bill. (The House
 Companion  Bill).

 What you need to do now is very simple.

 1.  First, pick up your phone and call 1-800-972-3524. This is the
 Congressional switchboard. Leave a message for your Senators AND your
 Representatives. Request that the Harmonization Language in the FDA
 Reform Bill be amended when it goes to the Conference Committee. State
 that you oppose to Codex Bill and any attempt to regulate nutritional
 supplements as drugs. This committee, as far as we know, will be
meeting
 THIS WEEK, the week of 10/21. Also state that you request a public
 comments period concerning the harmonization agreements.

 2.  Please telephone, fax, and email everyone you can think of. Make a
 phone tree. Email everyone on your list. Send them this information and
 ask them to make calls as well. To stay updated on what to do, email
 Jham@concentric.net and request to be put in his distribution list. Or,
 call John Hammel at 1-800-333-2553 for a recorded message. (I believe
 this is the correct email address. Try all lower case if it doesn't
work
 . The address is given in John's phone message.)

 - Monte

     I have sworn upon the altar of Almighty God eternal hostility
          against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
                          - Thomas Jefferson

                          The Idaho Observer
                 http://www.proliberty.com/observer

 639 Whispering Hills Road, Suite 219