[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

sustainability and humus building (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 11:48:39 -1000
From: Bob Faust <drfist@ilhawaii.net>
To: sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
Subject: sustainability and humus building

My ideas on sustainability and how it relates to historical
agroecology,sustainabilty must be coupled with constant renewal and
production of humic substances, the Hawaiians,knew this,they were
sustainable,my ancestors the Amish /Mennonites knew it and the Maya and
Anastaziof the S.W knew it. ,Humic acids are the key wheather from leaves,
or natural desposits. People that don't wnat to accept this have failed in
agriculture history. Humus make soil from rock and if you don't beleive it
come to the Big island of Hawaii and I will show you.  Check out my web for
more provacative info. Why have humates and humus been a surpressed concept
in the U.S.??  http://www.wp.com/bioag/humatehist1.html

Robert H. Faust Ph.D. Agroecologist
Faust Bio-Agricultural Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 800, Honaunau, Hawaii 96726 U.S.A.
808-328-2083
"To be economical and ecological, agriculture must be biological"
http://www.wp.com/bioag/