[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Two New FWS Servers and Redesigned Service Home Page (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 96 09:42:12 MST
From: john_lambertson@mail.fws.gov
To: groundwater@IAS.champlain.edu
Subject: Two New FWS Servers and Redesigned Service Home Page

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
has launched two new World Wide Web servers.  This effort
supports our goal of sharing our data and information.

The World Wide Web servers, and their url's (addresses), are:

   Alaska Region (Region 7)

     http://www.fws.gov/~r7hpirm/

   Walnut Creek National Wildlife Refuge

     http://www.fws.gov/~r3pao/wnthom.html

You can access these sites directly at the url's listed above, or
you can access them through the newly redesigned U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service Home Page at

     http://www.fws.gov/

We have redesigned our main server, so please check it out.  The
redesign was done for several reasons.  After being online for 20
months, we learned who our audiences are.  From hundreds of email
messages we learned the strengths and weaknesses of our old
design.  Also, we found that our old design, based on lists, was
inadequate as the amount of information we were serving grew.
Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks.  ...al

Dr. Alan R. Fisher
National Data Administrator