[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Breeding food crops for environments

Ken Buhr wrote:

>I volunteered to make a presentation to our weekly Plant
>Breeding Journal Club, to plant breeders and graduate students in
>Agronomy and the Horticultural Sciences (Fruit Crops and Vegetable
>Crops)...So, if you have input, I would be happy to hear
>from you...

[snip]

Ken, for a practical book on adaptive plant breeding geared to the small
grower (not to ag depts at universities) read Dr. Carol Deppe's "Breed Your
own Vegetable Varietes," Little, Brown, 1993. Deppe is a serious researcher;
the book is scientifically engaging yet accessible to those who wish to adapt
crops to their local climtes, etc.