Re: Allies to Prisoners (fwd)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. (london@sunsite.unc.edu)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:30:37 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:34:17 +0900
From: Martin Anda <anda@essun1.murdoch.edu.au>
To: Permaculture WA <perma@eepo.com.au>
Subject: Re: Allies to Prisoners

Vic

I am interested in supporting the Aboriginal side of the above if any of
the following are useful.

Visiting prisoners at the Murdoch Remand Centre as I have done before (to
run a course on how to make a solar box cooker).

Running a dedicated permaculture course at the Environmental Technology
Centre (ETC) for Aboriginal prisoners. We are about to start receiving
community works order people at the ETC as Les in our group has been a
supervisor for Corrective Services in Busselton in the past.

The 'climate sensible design' classroom at the ETC would be available as a
venue. However, it only has a capacity of 50 people max. Perhaps it could
be used for smaller meetings after the UWA 400-capacity meeting?

Cheers