Re: Institutions & CSAs

Lawrence F. London, Jr. (london@helios.oit.unc.edu)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 22:16:38 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Sarah Milstein wrote:

> Has anyone out there had any experience selling CSA shares to institutions
> (distributors, restaurants, schools, hospitals) or engaging in any other
> alternative economy with institutions? If so, what was your arrangement
> and how did it work?

I have heard it suggested selling shares _through_ food-coops and
farmer's marketing coops to subscribers. Selling _to_ those organizations
certainly sounds like a creative possibility.

I would imagine there ought to be many schools, restaurants and distributors
whould would entertain the idea of subscribing. Success would depend on
the openmindedness and dietary flexibility of their clients.

:
Lawrence F. London, Jr., Venaura Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA
london@sunSITE.unc.edu - http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london
london@mercury.interpath.net - http://www.interpath.net/~london
http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/Elsewhere.html - Links Page
Organic Gardening, CSA & Permaculture Information
: