Re: Salt Creek Farm CSA Turnover

Peter D. Miller (peterm@uiuc.edu)
Tue, 14 May 1996 12:44:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 14 May 1996, William Blake wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 1996, Douglas Hendrickson wrote:

> As others have said, providing recipes, especially easy recipes, helps
> members over their "vegetable shock."

Hi-I'm Peter Miller from Prairieland CSA in Champaign, IL. Our farmer is
paying with vegetables and share discounts to prepare "crop sheets" for
all the different things that (we hope) will be harvested this year. The
sheets will contain information about the crop (history, nutrition info.,
etc.) as well as a few recipes. So by the end of the season, we'll have
48 of these sheets, ready to go for next year. I imagine that we'll also
post the sheets on the web so that people elsewhere can use them and
improve on them.

Has anyone else already done something like this? If so, it would
certainly be helpful to get a look at them (In fact, if they already
exist, then we might be able to focus our efforts on updating them and
making them available to other groups via the web!)

Good luck to everyone!
Peter