Re: Speaker for Earth Day or organic foods forum

Rob Gordon (robert.gordon@Central.Sun.COM)
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:29:43 -0700

> From owner-csa-l@prairienet.org Mon Mar 3 14:58 MST 1997
> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 16:55:08 -0500
> From: bshapley@brynmawr.edu (Becca Laughing Shapley)
> To: csa-l@prairienet.org
> Subject: Speaker for Earth Day or organic foods forum
>
> Hey - I'm writing on behalf of the Bryn Mawr College Greens - we're looking
> for a speaker to bring to campus to celebrate Earth Day, and/or to
> participate in a forum being organized on organic foods and out dining
> halls, etc.
>
> Are there any people out there interested, willing, or who know someone who
> would be perfect? Someone local to the PA/Philly area might be best,but
> good ideas are appreciated, too!
>
> Becca
> bshapley@brynmawr.edu

Forgive me if this is mentioning the obvious but isn't there a well-developed
urban gardening scene in Philly. Someone from that org. may be a good speaker,
bringing together ideas of healthy food, local food and food security.

Just a thought.

rob