[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Austria

Austria now has something like 25,000 organic farms on 1 million acres (12%
of Austria's agricultural land area is certified organic or in conversion
and is expected to reach 15% by the end of 1996).  This situation is unique
in the world and gives plenty of choice of farms to visit.

Two key organisations you might want to contact are:

Ernte fuer das Leben (the main certification organisation)
Tillysburg 1
A-4490 St. Florian
Tel: 07223 3245

Ludwig-Bolzmann-Institut (research and policy/market development)
Rinnbockstr. 13
A-1110 Wien (Vienna)

>I am going to be working in Austria for some weeks this summer and
>wondered if anyone on sanet knows of any interesting organizations,
>farms, etc. that I could visit while there. Thank you, Suzanne Milshaw
>
>smilshaw@emerald.tufts.edu

Nic Lampkin
Welsh Institute of Rural Studies
Stapledon Building, Penglais Campus