[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

C content of various tropical crops (fwd)

Forwarded message:
From amani.ces.ncsu.edu!almanac-request Wed Aug  7 23:44:09 1996
To: sustag-public@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 11:59:52 -0400
From: Jean-Pierre Kiekens <kiekens@ibm.net>
Sender: london@sunsite.unc.edu
Subject: C content of various tropical crops

Hello,

I am currently working on the implications of an agro-forestry project
proposal, in West Africa, in terms of carbon sequestration. Would
anybody know about where I could find out standard figures for the
carbon content of:
- Theobroma cacao
- Coffea robusta
- Elais guineensis
- Citrus sp.
- Hevea brasiliensis
- Acacia mangium or Albizia sp.
- Chromolaeana odorata (a weed in West African savannahs)

References for growth data in terms of C or dry content for these plants
would also be appreciated, as well as possible studies having
investigated the issue in other tropical contexts.

Thanks for your help

Jean-Pierre Kiekens

University of Brussels &
Environmental Strategies Europe