[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Megalopolitan worlds

>>it takes a
generation (as well as a village) to rebuild a shattered community.<<

No, according to people with long-term experience, it takes 7 generations.
 If I may slightly restate the 7th generation principle, when you can look
back 7 generations and see how your people adapted to the place where you
live then you can look 7 generations ahead and have a chance of making
prudent decisions.  If we keep moving from bioregion to bioregion (as I do),
we have no chance. If we stay put, we need permaculture, as a substitute for
real culture, until something better comes along.

I think permaculture can evolve into something better.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and The Forest Ecosystem
Food Network.  P.O. Box 2052, Ocala FL 34478.

"We don't have time to rush."