[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Workshop on mycorrhizae research at Asilomer meeting (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:52:14 -0700
From: gkpodila@mtu.edu[SMTP
To: nobody@net.bio.net
Newgroups: bionet.biology.symbiosis
Subject: Workshop on mycorrhizae research at Asilomer meeting

Dear Symbiosis netters,

I want to take this opportunity to inform you that there will be a workshop
on recent advances in mycorrhizal resesarch at the 19th Fungal Genetics
Conference, March 18-23 1997 in Asilomer, California.  I would like to
invite interested people for participation in this workshop.  The following
areas have been chosen (tentative) for representation:

1.  Signaling in mycorrhizae formation
2.  Molecular genetics of symbiosis process
3.  Mycorrhizal membrane interface and solute transport
4.  Application of modern molecular techniques to mycorrhizal research for
        a. classification
        b. identification - fingerprinting
        c. genome mapping
        d. ecology and biodiversity
 5.  Biotechnological applications of mycorrhizal fungi

Please let me know via email, phone or fax if you are interested in
participation and the topic area, you would like to represent.

The workshop will be conducted to include both presentations ( seminar
style) as well as round table discussions.  It is also planned to include
participation by  selected  poster abstracts in the mycorrhizae area.

Information about the meeting, registration etc can be obtained by
contacting:

Dr. Kevin McCluskey
Curator FGSC
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Microbiology
University of Kansas Medical Center
Kansas City KS 66160-7420
Ph. 913-588-7044
Fax 913-588-7295
E-mail fgsc@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

or

Dr. Richard L. weiss
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
University of California, Los Angeles
CA 90095-1569
310-825-3621 (Phone)
310-206-5213 (Fax)
Email: weiss@chem.ucla.edu

The deadline for abstracts, registration and housing is January 15, 1997
Registration $125 (senior investigators)
             $100 (postdocs)
             $ 75 (students)

Room and Board $600/single
               $375/double