USDA-CREES Small Farm Resource Guide (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 20:42:13 GMT
From: Small Farm Owner <smallfarm-owner@reeusda.gov>
 We have nearly completed compiling the 1998 "Small Farm Resource Guide."
 This guide will augment the resources available to small
 farmers and people that work with the small farm community.
 We need your
To: Multiple Recipients of the List <smallfarm@reeusda.gov>

ORGANIZATIONS, SMALL  FARM RELATED WEBSITES,
PUBLICATIONS, VIDEOTAPES, with information relevant to small farms
and other materials that can enhance the economic viability and quality of
life within the small farm community.

If you have any information you would like to submit, please
send it by e-mail to: sfp@reeusda.gov or fax it to 202-401-5179
on or before FEBRUARY 13, 1998. If you have already sent your information to us,
you do not need to resubmit.  We have already compiled about 160
pages of information, but we can expand the guide if you have any additional
information,  you would like us to consider.

We especially need to make sure our list of small farm organizations
is complete.  Some examples of the kinds of organizations that we
want to include are:  Land Loss Prevention Project, New
England Small Farm Institute, Small Farm Today, Federation of Southern Cooperatives,
Rural Coalition, Arkansas Land and Farm Dev. Corp,  the Small Farm Programs
at the land grant institutions, other universities, and other public
and private sectors.   If you have suggestions, please let us know.

We also want to list organizations that are not specifically
small farm organizations but have grants/beginning farmer programs or
information  to offer the small farm community.  Examples include: Center for Rural Affairs,
Farm Foundation, W. K. Kellogg Foundation, SARE,  the
National Agricultural Library, Pennsylvania Farm Link, ATTRA, Missouri Alternatives Center, The
Leopold Center, Metro-Farm, Organic Associations, State Departments
of Agriculture, and others.

When the guide is completed in late February, it will be posted on our website at:
http://www.reeusda.gov/smallfarm.  It will also be available in
hardcopy.  If you would like to receive a hardcopy at no cost, please send your name and mailing address to:
sfp@reeusda.gov

Example of format to be submitted:
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:  Please send name, address, fax, e-mail, and website
address of the organization.  Write a description of 100 words or
less of the types of programs and services that are available through this
organization-- i.e. farm management modules, marketing strategies, grants
available, beginning farmer programs and others.

PUBLICATIONS:  Please send name of publication, order number,
price, and where it can be obtained.

VIDEOTAPES:  Please send name of video, order number, price, and
where it can be obtained.

SMALL FARM WEBSITES:  Please send the website addresses of small
farm organizations, small acreage, vegetable garden, etc to:
sfp@reeusda.gov  or by fax to 202-401-5179

 Please accept my apology for this lengthy message.  If you have any
questions, I can be reached by calling:  202-401-4385

Thanks!

Denis Ebodaghe
National Program Leader
Small Farms