Re: Swales & Mudslides (fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

- ---------
From:     Jeff Jacobsen <jjj@otter.wsipc.wednet.edu>
Subject:  Re: Swales & Mudslides (fwd)
Date:     Tue, 17 Feb 1998 06:23:22 -0800 (PST)
To:       Michael Yount <yount@csf.Colorado.EDU>

Michael,

I would think the swales would need to capture the water away from the
slopes.  For example, you would probably never think to put a swale at the
edge of a bluff.  But if a swale could catch the water before it got near
the edge of the bluff it could reduce the amount of water weight at the
edge of the bluff were it could do damage.  To be effective the swales
must capture the water and hold it where it won't do any damage.

Cheers,

Jeff J

jjj@otter.wsipc.wednet.edu

------- End of Forwarded Message