Re: source for comfrey seeds?

Dear all,

Cuttings seem a bit odd but in any case it is *very* easy to grow comfrey
from pieces of roots. You can divide a big plant into many small ones in
the winter or spring. Growing them from seed is an option but takes a lot
longer. I'd try to find someone who has comfrey plants and ask for some
roots, plant those in rich ground and divide the plants further in the next
year and the next and the next........
It's a wonderful plant, alright. I recycle chicken dung onto their ground
during the winter and have huge plants all summer which I cut 2-3 times for
mulch and comfrey water and also give young shoots to our goats.

UteB

----------
> From: MAX KAU <mandmkau@bigpond.com.au>
> To: permaculture@envirolink.org
> Subject: Fw: source for comfrey seeds?
> Date: 24 February 1998 07:01
>

> ----------
> > From: MAX KAU <mandmkau@bigpond.com.au>
> > To: nehring@ice.net
> > Subject: Re: source for comfrey seeds?
> > Date: Tuesday, 24 February 1998 5:56
> >
> > Dear Nanny
> >
> > I have been in contact with a fellow member of the seed curator's
> > association in Australia who tells me that comfrey seeds are a very
rare
> > animal indeed. In fact he has not seen a comfrey seed for a long time.
He