Re: Redwater, ticks and old grass [Ireland]

In Oregon we have a similar scenario but I have never heard of a tick
problem. One scheme has been to plant harvestable timber bamboo on private
lands between the fence and the waterway. On the Coquille River, landowner
Barney Amdahl, purchased 3 bamboo species and using the State of Oregon's
program for riparian improvement had the fence and bamboo planted with the
state crew. This was 3 years ago. We are monitoring the progrees of this
planting.

Perhaps the planting of bamboo or willow on the otherside of the fence
would ease this stockman's fears. Perhaps he will appreciate another
marketable crop?

Sincerely,

Gib Cooper
Secretary, Oregon Bamboo Association