Re: Shared ideas...

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Jack Rowe wrote:

> your organization! Ditto the archived design-plan collection, Joe. Perhaps
> we'll hear something from the already-overworked Lawrence London on Joe's
> idea. And of course, by using scanners, anyone's drawings can easily be
> turned into computer-viewable maps and shared among compatriot surfers...

This is a great idea for an interactive permaculture page.
Creating a resource, accessable by email, for archiving
PC design plan submissions from Permies around the world
is easy to do. I use the mhonarc mail2html converter/archiver
to store links to other PC resources that I run across. Mhonarc will
index articles by date and thread. Newsgroups are much better at doing
all of this and I hope to make a few PC ones available soon.

All you do to make your PC designs viewable for others in my
permaculture homepage is create your email with whatever message text
and file attachments you want (include all your graphics and any other
html code and  text-based documents, i.e. complete web pages with
graphics and text) and send it to any of these destinations:
[have a look at some of these URLs to see how this works]

permaculture@sunsite.unc.edu   -  PC forum
http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/permaculture-info/maillist.html

permanet@sunsite.unc.edu    -  PC Links forum
http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/permaculture/mailarchives/permaculture-links/maillist.html

organic@sunsite.unc.edu    -  Organic gardening forums
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden/agriculture/forums/organic-agriculture/maillist.html

rural@sunsite.unc.edu    -  Small Farm forum
http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/agriculture/forums/small-farm-BB/maillist.html

dirtfarmer@sunsite.unc.edu    -  Regenerative agriculture forum
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden/agriculture/feedback/dirtfarmer/maillist.html

renew-energy@sunsite.unc.edu    -  renewable energy forum
http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/renewable-energy/mailarchives/renew-energy/maillist.html

Also, you might be interested in following the progress of
the soon-to-exist Usenet newsgroup, rec.gardens.ecosystems
in its homepage at:
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/rge.html
This should become a valuable resource for permaculturists.

Lawrence F. London, Jr.
InterGarden
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden