Re: permacultural resources

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 mray01@ccsf.cc.ca.us wrote:

> I am new to this list, and have only a beginning understanding of
> permaculture. Would it be possible to email me (or post) a few good
> general resources on permaculture? Preferably on-line resources since
> those are the most easily accessible, but books are good.

Online discussion group resources would include this list, the Envirolink
PC list and a new array of PC newsgroups at sunSITE at:
news://news.sunsite.unc.edu/permaculture.design (+ others) or
add this (free) public host to your news browser: news.sunsite.unc.edu

There are lots of PC links & other info at:
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html
and PC literary references at:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/InterGarden/orgfarm/permaculture/literature

Here are a few from the Cross Timbers Permaculture Institute homepage at:
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ctpi/cross_t.htm

Books

Renewable Natural Resources

     The One-Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka, 1985.
     Permaculture: A Designers' Manual by Bill Mollison.
     Tree Crops: A Permanent Agriculture by Russell J. Smith, 1929.
     The Permaculture Garden by Graham Bell, 1994.
     Holistic Resource Management by Alan Savory.

Social Studies

     _Living the Good Life and _Continuing the Good Life_ by Helen and
     Scott Nearing.
     Dumbing Us Down by John Gatto.
     Communities Directory by the Fellowship for Intentional Community,
     1995.
     Ancient Futures: Learning from Ladakh by Helena Norberg-Hodge, 1991.
     Invest Yourself Commission on Voluntary Service and Action, New York,
     New York, 1993. "The catalogue of Volunteer
     Opportunities."

Building

     Thermal Delight in Architecture by Lisa Heschong, 1979.
     The Straw Bale House by Steen, Steen, and Bainbridge, 1994.

Food Preparation

     Stocking Up III: The All-New Edition of America's Classic Preserving
     Guide by Carol Hupping, 1986.
     Ferment and Human Nutrition by Bill Mollison, Published by Tagari
     Press, 1993.

Catalogues

     Peaceful Valley Farm Supply P.O. Box 2209, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
     Phone: 916-272-4769.
     Real Goods 966 Mazzoni Street; Ukiah, CA 95482-3471. Phone:
     800-762-7325; Fax 707-468-9486.
     Island Press Environmental Sourcebook "Books for better conservation
     management." P.O. Box 7; Covelo, CA 95428.
     Phone: 800-828-1302; Fax 707-983-6414.

Periodicals

     The Permaculture Activist P.O. Box 1209; Black Mountain, NC 28711.
     Contact, Peter Bane.
     The Permaculture International Journal P.O. Box 6039; South Lismore;
     NSW 2480, Australia. Phone: 066-220-020; Fax:
     066-220-579; pcjournal@peg.apc.org (electronic mail).
     Permaculture Drylands Jounal P.O. Box 64184; Tucson, AZ 85728.
     Communities