Re: Inspired Undergrad Searching for Summer Internship! (fwd)

From: smclaskey@mum.edu (Steve McLaskey)
To: SAED-SHARE-L@cornell.edu

Craig,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. My e-mail access has been
down. I'm glad to hear of your interest in an internship in sustainable
agriculture. I lived in Bellingham for a year and in Mt. Vernon, about 30
miles south of there for many years.  Now I'm developing a program in
sustainable agriculture at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield,
Iowa.  I am planning an internship program that should be in place by next
summer.  It will include classes in organic vegetable production and
agricultural ecology as well as field-work in the University's organic
vegetable farm. The program will give credit at the undergraduate level for
the courses that are offered. More classes and undergraduate credit may not
be what you are looking for if you are ready to graduate from WWU. However,
if you are interested, let me know and I can keep you informed. The program
is still being developed and there are many details still to be worked out.
If you know of any other students that may be interested, please let them
know or have them contact me.

Steve

Steve McLaskey
Dept. of Biology