Re: slaters

hi there helen,

ah yes slaters, persistent little critters that they are...

you could try sprinkling dolomite around your seedlings as this deters slaters,
or you can put potato peelings nearby as they will eat these in preference to
almost anything else. one last thing you can try is a small container of beer
partly buried - with an opening in it to let the slaters in - they are attracted
to the yeast and will drown (happily?) in the beer...

good luck

steve