Re: slaters

>From: Steve Robinson <s.l.robinson@elvis.murdoch.edu.au>
>To: Permaculture WA <perma@eepo.com.au>
>Subject: Re: slaters
>
>hi there helen,
>
>ah yes slaters, persistent little critters that they are...
>
>you could try sprinkling dolomite around your seedlings as this deters slaters,
>or you can put potato peelings nearby as they will eat these in preference to
>almost anything else. one last thing you can try is a small container of beer
>partly buried - with an opening in it to let the slaters in - they are attracted
>to the yeast and will drown (happily?) in the beer...

This discussion on slaters leads me into the question. Is there an FAQ
Permaculture DATABASE which all of this info could be added to.
Anyone like to take it on.

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
victor.guest@eepo.com.au                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024