Aquaculture.

>Thanks, Bruce
>
>Where could I get the carp?
>
>How big is/are your pond(s) -- ie., how do you know how many you need?
>sounds like a great idea!
>>Funny you should mention the triploid grass carp as we have been using them
>>in our pond for eight years now.  We started out with twelve 8" young fish
>>and now have four of the original left.  They are about 4.5 feet long!
>>They look like fresh water sharks, really neat fish.  They have really done

>Barbara Ashley Phillips
>American West Institute for Conflict Resolution
>P.O. Box 676
>Halfway, Oregon 97834
>(541) 742-6790 (Phone)  (541) 742-5175 (Fax)
>http://www.mediate.com/baphillips
>Email: baphillips@igc.org

If you are getting this sort of growth you are ready to get a variety
which you can harvest, and maybe which will reproduce itself.

Silver Perch and Black Bream, are 2 varieties which are being produced
commercially here. The bream are native, and the Perch have to be bred.
It has been suggested that a large swimming pool could produce $40,000
worth per year.($19 per kilo)

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
victor.guest@eepo.com.au                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024