Small Food Co-op fighting USDA gets national attention (fwd)

Friends this is important in Australia as well.

>From: jo grant <jgrant@bookzen.com>
>Subject: Small Food Co-op fighting USDA gets national attention
>
>John,
>We need your help. A small food co-op (Willy Street Co-op, Madison, WI) is
>emerging as one of the most active centers opposing the attempt by the
>United States Department of Agriculture to lower organic food standards so
>coporate farming giants can start selling contaminated food under an
>organic label. Please urge your supporters to visit the web site that has
>established direct links to the USDA, Ag. Committee members in the House
>and Senate,and legislators across the country. These people have been
>informed that all E-mailis being saved, tracked (via zip codes), and
>counted. The information is also being shared with the media.
>
>Go to: http://www.willystcoop.com and send the specially prepared letters.
>All of the eight letters are important, but two of them, the first dealing
>with Freedom of Speech and the second reproduced here:
>
>**The use of deadly municipal sewage sludge must be
>prohibited. The USDA knows that 60,000 toxic
>substances have been found in sewage sludge by
>Cornell University researchers. Until USDA can
>guarantee the exclusion of toxic chemicals, such as:
>PCBs, dioxins, industrail solvents, heavy metals
>(cadmium & lead), chlorine products, pesticides, and
>other dangerous carcinogens I strongly oppose the
>application of sewage sludge on all agricultural lands.
>If sewage sludge is not banned on all land, a label must
>identify any food grown on, or meat from animals that
>have grazed on, land contaminated with municipal
>sewage sludge. The current draft of the NOP Proposed
>Rule is unacceptable. It must be withdrawn and
>resubmitted.**
>
>are of primary importance.
>
>GOOD NEWS. As a result of the e-mail activity from Willy Street Co-op
>Senator Russ Feingold, ( D.WI) has contacted Willy Street Co-op and
>informed them that he has signed on and will actively oppose the changes
>USDA is attempting to make. He followed that promise with a press release
>to the U.S. media.
>
>As one who eagerly forwards your posts to a long list of my contacts I urge
>you to keep up the good work.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Jo Grant
>

>       	Defend Established Organic Food Standards
>	          Speak Directly to the Legislators
>                  http://www.willystcoop.com//wsc_organic_hm.html
>	         Your Electronic Action Connection
>	Willy Street Food Cooperative, Madison, WI

Donations Needed- Need Help to Keep Helper On
International Advocates for Health Freedom
John C. Hammell, Legislative Advocate
2411 Monroe St. Hollywood, FL 33020 USA
800-333-2553, 954-929-2905, FAX 954-929-0507,
jham@iahf.com    http://www.iahf.com
HERBS ARE _NOT_ DRUGS! HELP PASS HR 2868
THE CONSUMER HEALTH FREE SPEECH ACT!!!