(Fwd) Sustainability as a package in communities (fwd)

To: Recipients of CHRM-GENERAL <chrm-general@igc.apc.org>

Do any of you have any leads for us?  Thanks  -- Wyatt Fraas

From:          "Leval, Kim" <kiml@cfra.org>
Subject:       Sustainability as a package in communities
Date:          Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:37:36 -0500

Hello All,

We are trying to identify of communities that are taking a "big
picture" approach to creating a sustainable future.  This is where we
need your help.

Are there communities you know of anywhere in the U.S. that are
currently approaching sustainable rural community development by
integrating programs like microenterprise development, beginning farmer,
sustainable agriculture, school/community interaction, leadership
training, lending programs, land link type programs, etc. all at the
same time?

We are looking for success stories of where this is happening.  We
appreciate your thoughts on this. Kim

Kim Leval, Program Leader
Farm and Community Policy Program
Center for Rural Affairs
PO Box 406
Walthill, NE  68067
phone:  (402) 846-5428	fax:  (402) 846-5420
email:  kiml@cfra.org
www.cfra.org
"Serving family farmers and rural communities for 25 years"

Wyatt Fraas, Martin Kleinschmit

Beginning Farmer Sustainable Agriculture Project
Center for Rural Affairs
PO Box 736
Hartington, NE USA 68739
402 254-6893  fax -6891