Re: slater control

Dear Tery,

Thankyou for your reply - I will try your suggestion next time I plant
seeds.  The best way I found to grow vegies was to grow them to a more
advanced stage in pots of rich soil, containing worm castings and compost.
I found that these older seedlings, when finally planted out, were far more
resistant to attacks by slaters (because they still had a chew), and I have
actually managed to get a crop of lettuce and broccoli by this technique.
But when I have to plant seeds, for such things as peas and beans, my crops
still vanish overnight.

Regards,
Helen