Re: re Echinacea (fwd)

> >Hi Vic,
> >
> >Would you mind putting a email out to agricultural organisations
> >(I am sure you have a list that you regularly use) for
> >information about growing echinacea. I am still not confident
> >in using lists.
> >
> >with thanks
> >
> >Pat
>
> Hi friends, I hope you have some info for Pat. If you are on the Perma list
> please feel free to write to perma@eepo.com.au ( a reply to one of the
> perma posts, will create the address as well) I will also help where I can.

	Well, this appeared in our e-mail this morning, and I think it must
be for my hubby, as he is on your list.  BUT...  Since I maintain a
website for the Native American Seed Co, I'm going to answer it.

	The company has an extensive website, including a lot of stuff on
restoration of prairies and use of native plant material in the home
landscape.  We're working on a lot of material on creating
wildlife habitat right now, and hope to have it up soon.  There is an
online catalog with over 125 grasses and wildflowers native to to
Texas, and includes two varieties of Echinacea  (purpurea, &
angustifolia).  Of course, some of the plants are native to other
states as well, but we try to encourage people to use material that
comes from their area.  These are not cultivars, like a lot of
companies offer, but true natives  (seeds harvested in the wild).
I'm trying to list as much information on each plant as I possibly
can, to help everyone have success with these plants.

	You will also find a Native Gardening section on the site, where you
can post specific questions.  When we put the post-it page up, we
were hoping for some experienced native gardeners to throw in some
information regarding their successes and failures with natives.  As
of now, I seem to be the only one making any effort at answering the
posted questions.  Y'all jump in there, please!  I'd love to see some
of you folks helping us to spread the word!

	Please feel free to browse the catalog for information on the
plants.  It uses the Perl$hop program for online ordering, but you
can certainly look, without buying anything.

	The Native American Seed Co. site is located at:

	http://www.seedsource.com

Regards,

Sharon Ward
sharonw@hpnc.com