Fact-check [Was: LOOK!]

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Terry Haven sent:

[...]

Another in a long string of Internet pearls to frighten people half out of
their wits. From http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/weekly/aa090998.htm

Questions and answers:

 Q: Is sodium laureth sulfate commonly found in shampoos and toothpastes?
 A: Shampoos, yes; toothpastes, no.

 Q: Is sodium laureth sulfate known to cause cancer?