[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Permaculture teacher ettiquite

In a message dated 1/30/97 7:33:43 AM, permaculture@gn.apc.org (Maddy
Harland) wrote:

>I think diversity in sustainable systems applies to people as well as
plants. DHolmgren
>indicated that pc teachers should be true to ig material consumers
(Interview PCMag8)
>but no rules on personality/fame/networks!Maddy

Once again, well put, Maddy.

There seems to be a variety of teaching needs.  And at least in the US (I
don't know about other parts of the world) we have blown the opportunity to
assure proficiency standards in teachers.  While I lamented this for some
years, I now realize that this is the same if you hire a bricklayer, or a
carpenter or auto mechanics (though some of them are licensed in some states
here.)  If I hire roofer, as I may do soon, I'll ask around, particularly to
people I know and trust in the construction business.   That's the way to get
a permaculture teacher, too.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
permaculture training by email. Copyright, 1996, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O.
Box 2052, Ocala FL 34478 USA  YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.