[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The Green Disk: A Journal of Contemporary Environmental Issues

http://www.igc.apc.org/greendisk/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - Venaura Farm - Chapel Hill, NC, USA
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu  http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden

Publishers of a bimonthly journal on disk, the Guide to a Sustainable Future, the Guide to Environmental Computing (with over 1200 listings), and eBase 6.0 -- a comprehensive database of environmental issues, campaigns and organizations.

Ordering Details / Issues on Deck: DEADLINES! / Make a Submission / Browse Review Issue / Press Releases

Now in its fifth year of publication, The Green Disk is the premier journal of the environmental movement, having received rave reviews from all corners. Published every two months on a computer disk in IBM and Macintosh formats, The Green Disk is a journal of contemporary environmental issues used by educators, journalists, activists and professionals all over the world. Each issue is a compendium of resources on one environmental issue such as the Decline of Global Fisheries, Environmental Building & Design, and our review issue the Depletion of the Ozone Layer, which you can download or browse here. In addition to the research papers, bibliographies, articles and resources related to the issue topic, sections covering a broad range of environmental subjects include: current news; an index of periodicals; publication and other media release announcements; job listings; a calendar and much more.

All issues published so far have been incorporated into The Green Disk Environmental Database (eBase version 6.0). Research compendia may be ordered separately on the following topics:

Special offer!
The entire 9000 page collection of back issues has been published as eBase version 6.0. It also includes the Guide to Environmental Computing, plus all of the issues listed above, plus a user interface for reading and full Boolean (and/or) keyword searching for Mac or DOS/Windows. A one-year subscription to The Green Disk brings you bimonthly issue updates for the database, which will include not only a new subject compendia but the latest environmental news, resources available and more. Click for ordering details.

Some Frequently Asked Questions:

What are people saying about The Green Disk? Find out!

How do I place an order?

How does The Green Disk complement other environmental resources already available on the Internet and compare to other information sources? Find out!

Who contributes to, edits and publishes the journal?

What is Ecology Media, of which The Green Disk is a project?

How can I have my project or resource listed in an upcoming issue of The Green Disk? Find out!

What are the submission guidelines for the journal? Find out!

The Green Disk informs, educates and encourages action while having a minimal impact upon the environment itself. All of our correspondence, brochures, manuals and packaging are printed on unbleached paper made entirely from old newspapers and magazines. The disks are top-quality recycled computer disks manufactured by a computer media recycling company called GreenDisk® located in Woodinville, Washington. This company is cooperative with, but is completely separate from Ecology Media and The Green Disk.

No-risk guarantee
Our no-risk guarantee is simple. If after 30 days you are not completely satisfied with your order, you will receive a full refund and keep the disks as our thanks for trying The Green Disk.

Click here for ordering details.

For more information, or to make a submission to an upcoming issue contact greendisk@igc.apc.org.

The Green Disk®
PO Box 32224, Washington, DC 20007
Phone/FAX toll-free: 1-888-GRN-DISK
Outside North America Phone/FAX: +1-207-351-1934
EcoNet <greendisk> Internet <greendisk@igc.apc.org>

Ordering Details / Make a Submission or Comment / Our Host: EcoNet's Home Page

© 1997, Ecology Media