[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Department of Food Science & Nutrition

http://fscn1.fsci.umn.edu/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Title: Department of Food Science & Nutrition

    Department of Food Science & Nutrition©

    Copyright 1994, Regents of the University of Minnesota
    All rights reserved.

    1334 Eckles Avenue
    Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108
    tel: +1 612 624 1290
    fax: +1 612 625 5272
    net: webmeister@mail.fsci.umn.edu
    This page last modified Wednesday, 09-Apr-97
    Hello ch-d6.nuteknet.com
    You are visitor:

    Counter started on 1 July 1995

    Magellan 3-Star Site

    President's Award

    About These Pages. These pages serve a number of functions. First, you will find information about the Department of Food Science & Nutrition at the University of Minnesota. This will aid you in learning something about who we are and what we do. We offer a short photographic tour of FScN if you'd like to see what "we" look like. You can also visit our individual home pages and the Department calendar of events.

    In a more general sense, we also provide resources related to specific faculty, staff and student interests. We are attempting to provide information relative to aspects of the study of food science and nutrition, in general. This will range from our K12 page (providing links to some of the K12 programs we are involved in) to our Food-Law page (providing information and links to sites relating to food law).

    Finally, we provide a variety of specific resources to support our students, staff and faculty. This would include materials for specific classes, newsletters and other announcements, and whatever other aids and links we can develop to make our lives more coherent.

    Guest Book
    &
    hat

    The Department of Food Science and Nutrition offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Nutrition and in Food Science that prepare students for careers related to food and health. Students graduate from the undergraduate programs with a Bachelor of Science degree. Students may obtain either Master of Science or Doctor of Philosophy degrees from graduate programs.

    The studies of nutrition and food science cover the food continuum from the producer to the consumer, including food processing, product development, food distribution and marketing, its preparation and serving, and the nutrition of people as it relates to health, the prevention of chronic diseases and their treatment.

    The Department of Food Science and Nutrition is jointly administered by the College of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences (COAFES) and the College of Human Ecology (CHE) and the Food Science Program and the Nutrition Program are open to students registered in either College.

    Bulletins:
    ... Department of Food Science & Nutrition statement of mission and goals!
    ... Nutrition Expeditions Resource for K12 Educators and Students Comes On-Line!
    ... FScN Alums, please join Alumni-Link!
    College of Agricultural, Food & Environmental Sciences Minnesota Extension Service College of Human Ecology
    University of Minnesota

    The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.

    Thank you for visiting,
    webmeister@mail.fsci.umn.edu
    URL = http://www.fsci.umn.edu
    /