cra one page home page

http://www.cfra.org/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
Title: cra one page home page

Center for Rural Affairs

The Center for Rural Affairs was formed by rural Nebraskans concerned about the decline of family farms and rural communities.  Chartered in 1973 under Nebraska state law as a private, non-profit corporation,  headquartered in Walthill, a farm service center of 800 in the northeastern part of the state.

The Center's purpose is to provoke public thought about social, economic and environmental issues affecting rural America, especially the Midwest and Plains regions.  These regions blend in Nebraska to give the state its special place in American Agriculture.

CRA office in Walthill, Nebr.

The Center is governed by a volunteer board of directors.  About half of the board are farmers and ranchers; the rest are business people, educators and civic workers.  The board's policies and programs are implemented by a staff of 22.

The Center is not affiliated with any other organization.  Financial support comes from sales of publications, fees for service, individual contributions and grants from private sources, churches and foundations.  It is not a membership organization.

Mission Statement

The Center for Rural Affairs is committed to building communities that stand for social justice, economic opportunity and environmental stewardship.  To achieve this objective, we encourage people to accept both personal and social responsibility.  We provide opportunities for people to participate in the decisions that shape the quality of their lives and the future of their community.  We engage in research, education, advocacy and service work to further this vision of rural America.

For more information,

E-MAIL

Contact us to receive our free monthly newsletter, or request our annual report or publications list.  You can send e-mail to us now by clicking on the button just above.

Center for Rural Affairs

PO Box 406

101 S Tallman St

Walthill NE 68067-0406