[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Harassed Permies

Paul
I have had the opposite and I too am in NSW, I urge you to move.
unless you grew up in that region or have family nearby
OR have so many plants that to leave them would break your heart.
This is our second site, yes it was hard to move, but mainly
because we were on a sunless site, had very conservatie neighbours,
and were running out of space for gardens, we did it.
I dug up a lot of plants and took them to the next site, they all survived.

We are over 30 now and figured we wanted an established canopy
as we didn't want to wait another 15 years, we chose a village that
had a truly diverse population, a few radicals and some greenies,
hard nosed commercial types etc.  We have had always had respect
if not support and encouragement.  I give a lot of produce away
where possible as this really helps to build community spirit.

I gather from your post that your not living on site, it really helps to
be living ON SITE
as others nearby feel that you are one of them and will help
you seeing you are there to defend yourself and them if need be.

Have you spoken to others in the canberra permaculture association?

Find peace, join a caring community and build your haven.
from this you can get the energy to move onto bigger challenges.
April
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv.index.html

PS I see someone wrote: If you stay, I advise you to bring every conceivable form of wrath down on
the people who are harassing you.  The meek won't inherit the Earth if they
are already dead.

well you can't fight fire with fire and Australia is quite different
from the USA,
I have a permie friend in California who is regularly shot at
but those "rednecks" and still hangs around.
Permaculture teaches harnessing of energies, working with not against
the nature of things and this includes yourself
WORK where it counts, work on projects that give you great satisfaction.
Does fighting for tenancy over a piece of land gives pleasure when
each moment we wonder is this peace before a storm?
After driving to Perth AND back
I can tell you there is a lot of land here to find challenges in.
It is family, friends and community that you can find peace with.
April