[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

censored: not for vegetarians!!!

>>>OK OK if this snail talk is still rolling
lets get serious,
ONe warning about snails: they can carry a very dangerous
disease in Australia and perhaps elsewhere, called liver fluke.
Liver fluke gets on the vegies they crossed and unless you
WASH all your produce you can get very ill and the doctors
won't always know what you've got.

lets look at how to eat them.  All vegetarians please quit the letter
now.

You can eat native australian and the imported ones
there is no special breed - though there may be nasty ones
internationally - let me know please on this.

You should breed snails for size and for taste just as you
do with selection for good plants species

you can breed snails on fleshy plants such as that weedy thing
agapanthus, even comfrey has some attraction.  keep the plants
and food organic and the snails will have that organic added value
at retail.

purged the guts of snails before sale and before cooking and eating
feed them organic mash of bran or similar bland cereal.
kill quickly and humanely in boiling water.
April

PS I don't like escargot and am a failed vegetarian.