[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Criteria for Sustainability Loans (fwd)

From: Allan Savory <allans@igc.apc.org>
Subject: Re: Criteria for Sustainability Loans

Thanks Jeff.  I will pass this on also to some people in funding foundations
who I have long tried to interest in using holistic decision-making as the
best way to distribute the funds they are required to do by law.  The third
or non-profit sector is such an important sector of our economy and it could
do so much more if all funding was directed in a manner which as socially,
environmentally and economically sound - or to projects which were.
Millions today is wasted in projects it would take only a short while to
show have no hope of really helping society.

<ECOCITY@SEARN.SUNET.SE>,
>>                RURALDEV <RURALDEV@ksu.edu>
>> Subject:       Re: Criteria for Sustainability Loans
>
>> Do any of the list participants have information regarding
>> sustainability-based criteria for lending agencies?  Lots of projects are
>> being floated at the city, state and regional level that are sold as
>> "sustainable" but are often using the term as a flag of convenience.
>>
>> Are there any outcome or performance based standards being developed that
>> conform to generally accepted principles of sustainability for lenders to
>> hold project developers to?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance, for your help.
>>
>> David Fuller
>> Executive Director
>> Learning Village Project, Tucson, AZ, USA
>>
>> P.S. Please cc to my email address.

Allan Savory
Center for Holistic Management
1010 Tijeras NW