More links.

http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london   InterGarden
london@sunSITE.unc.edu   llondon@bellsouth.net
-

AUSTRALIAFELIX

LandPlanning Consultants
Project Management, Planning & Contracting Services
for Sustainable & Productive Land-Use
since 1993

4/2/1998

Attention: April Sampson-Kelly
Permaculture Visions
Re: Tropical Plants Database

Hello April,

I trust that this greets you well! I have utilised a couple of sources of
info when researching material for our designs. The following may prove
useful to you:

a.. http://ifs.plants.ox.ac.uk/fao/tropfeed/tropfeed.htm
    FAO Tropical Feeds Database
b.. http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1996/v3-416.html
    New Crops Database
c.. http://www.dipbot.unict.it/orto/boga.html
    Hortus Botanicus Catinensis - University of Catania
d.. http://www.bbg.org/NYMF/encyclopedia/contents.htm
    Brooklyn Botanical Garden Metropolitan Plant Encyclopaedia
e.. http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_search.html#NAME
    Plants for a Future Database
f.. http://crfg.org/fg/xref/descr.html
    Californian Rare Fruit Growers Tropical Fruit Index
g.. http://csf.colorado.edu/sustainability/plants/sholto.html
    Tree List from Forest Farming

    I know that some of these may not be solely tropical plant lists, but
you and others may find this list as useful as I have. If there are any
additions then perhaps we could put some sort of Web Catalogue together,
contributing URLs as we find them. Also you had another permaculture
newsgroup listing ie. permaculture@envirolink.org which I would like to
perhaps subscribe to. Do I just email an enquiry to this email or is there
another route to take to get on.

Thanks for your great work and I hope that this helps you out....  Please
feel free to call me on 03 5441 8977/0417 351 205 should you have any
queries.

Cheers

Yours and Growing

Darren J. Doherty

Applied Diploma of Permaculture Design (Education, Site Design, System
Establishment and Implementation), Permaculture Institute (1995)
Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Institute (1993, 1995)
Whole Farm Planning Certificate (Train the Trainer), University of
Melbourne (1995)  Principal Australia Felix LandPlanning Consultants
Chairman of Directors GIFT (Investments) Pty. Ltd.  President Box Ironbark
Farm Forestry Network Inc.