Re: groundhog deterrent article on the internet

I've never seen evidence of a groundhog or woodchuck climbing a fence.
I have seen evidence of them digging under just about everything man can devise to put in their way, as well as a great deal of that which nature puts in their way. I repaired a fence one time which had been undermined by rockchucks. The fence was hardware netting supported by 4 inch I-beams in concrete blocks. The 'chucks just dug a little deeper, then excavated around each concrete post support until the posts fell over. The fence lasted about 3 years after original construction. I was hired to repair the fence and then construct another, of .22caliber size. My fence was abit more successful than the physical one, but not by much. :-)
Bob

ec Roberts
**** ecr@ivic.net ****
**** www.ivic.net/~ecr ****