Dove and finch repellents

Howdy, all---

I have heard good reports on the effectiveness of big rubber owls
with shiny eyes in scaring birds from fields.  There is a company
that makes them...and there's also a model that emits owl noises.
I saw these on the Web about two years ago.  Might be worth an
AltaVista query. People in Wisconsin use them to scare all manner of
birds away from their piers, gardens, decks, and pools.

Can't say what this fact is worth but I raised a mourning dove chick
once who was scared to death of nothing except the sound of the
blender and Motown music (especially Martha and the Vandellas, go
figure).

peace
michele

Michele Gale-Sinex, communications manager
Center for Integrated Ag Systems
UW-Madison College of Ag and Life Sciences
Voice: (608) 262-8018   FAX: (608) 265-3020
http://www.wisc.edu/cias/

If the 750 is a sofa, this is a motorized bar-
stool. --Kevin Hunter on the Suzuki Savage 650