AUSTRALIAN AUTHOR

    Hi - I have been speaking with Andy Clark about the book outlined below
- actually I was trying to get this message below through to  the Henry
Wallace Insititute and Rodale Press, but don't seem to be having much luck
with the E-Mails I have . . . if you have any better contacts there, to
send through on, I would appreciate it enormously, or if there is a way of
distributing this message to people who might be interested.  It has been a
huge amount of (unpaid!) work, and very interesting, but would be a shame
for it not to be seen by a wider audience I think.

Do you take freelance pieces for the Alternative Agriculture News - I have
a good feature on the overall "Organic Thrust" in Europe, since the green
aids were introduced, and would like to place it somewhere . . . are you
interested?   Also how might I find other organic agriculture magazines,
who are interested in European coverage?   I apprecitate your time, and
hope you are interested in seeing a couple of my stories - I can e-mail
them through with my CV, sincerely
Tamara Thiessen    E-Mail   gti@cuej.u-strasbg.fr

  ATT:  EDITOR - ALTERNATIVE AB BOOKS

    HI - I AM A FREELANCE AUSTRALIAN JOURNALIST/WRITER - I HAVE JUST
FINISHED AN MA IN EUROPEAN AFFAIRS IN FRANCE, AND DURING THE PAST FEW
MONTHS I RESEARCHED AND WROTE A BOOK ON ECOLOGICAL/SUSTAINABLE AG IN EUROPE
- IT IS AN OVERVIEW OF THE SITUATION HERE, BUT WRITTEN IN PERSONAL,
COLOURFUL STYLE, WITH LOTS OF INTERVIEWS (ABOUT 40) AND INFO FROM ORGANIC
AG MAGAZINES, REVIEWS, ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES - IT IS 10 CHAPTERS - STARTING
OUT "BACK TO EARTH?" WITH CLAUDE AUBERT AT TERRE VIANTE, EUROPEAN
ECOLOGICAL CENTER TALKING ABOUT THE OVERALL CHANGE, IN AGRI ENVIRONMENTAL
POLICY, THE EU AIDS FOR ORGANIC FARMING - THEN MOVES ONTO A HISTORY OF
ORGANIC FARMING MOVEMENT IN EUROPE, ACROSS DIFFERENT  COUNTRIES, THE
IMMENSE FALLOUT FROM EC'S AGRICULTURAL POLICY, A LOOK AT DIFFERENT
COUNTRIES (DIFFERENT SHADES OF GREEN), THE ORGANIC THRUST, GREEN AIDS, AND
GREEN POLITICAL WILL AT EU AND NATIONAL LEVEL - GREEN CULTURE IN EUROPE,
ETC

I AM NOW SEEKING A PUBLISHER FOR THIS MANUSCRIPT OF SOME 40,000 WORDS
"RECYCLING EDEN:  ECOLOGICAL RENEWAL OF EUROPEAN AGRICULTURE" . . . PLEASE
LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING IT.

YOURS SINCERELY

TAMARA THIESSEN,  JOURNALIST,  E-Mail gti@cuej.u-strasbg.fr