seals of quality

Dear Saneters,

Several months ago I posted queries on ecolabeling and
I thank everyone for their feedback.

Now, I have another specific research query.  I will
be doing a survey of NE consumers on their awareness of
and willingness to pay for products with the Vt Seal
of Quality and Vt Makes it Special labels.

Along with that, I'd like to measure how consumers are
handling the proliferation of labels: quality, organic,
eco, fairtrade, etc.

I am aware of several studies on consumer preferences for
organic, etc., but would like to know if there is any research
on how consumers cope with a range of labels and preferences
for each.  I'd also like to hear about research specifically
on seals of quality.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Skinner

Elizabeth Skinner
Community Development and Applied Economics (CDAE)
University of Vermont
4c Morrill Hall
Burlington, VT 05405
802/656-1018