RE: Neem

Fred Powledge (fredpowledge@nasw.org)
Wed, 2 Oct 96 09:29:14 -0400

What you want is a little paperback book, "Neem: A Tree for Solving Global
Problems," by a committee of the (U.S.) National Research Council and
published by the National Academy Press, Washington, in 1992. It's got
everything but a seed packet and a complimentary bottle of neem oil. Then
you might want to do an Internet search on "W.R. Grace" and "intellectual
property rights"; as with all useful public goods, multinationals are trying
to patent the neem.

Good luck.

--Fred Powledge.

At 19:12 10/1/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I am a graduate student at New Mexico State University and I am looking
>for some information about "NEEM". I recalled seeing some on this server
>awhile back. I was wondering if you could help me in obtaining some
>information on NEEM. I have a group project that is doing research on
>herbs and NEEM has come up. The info I have is not very much.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Bill Chambers <wchamber@nmsu.edu>

Fred Powledge fredpowledge@nasw.org
25040 Old Brick Way - Half-Pone Point - Hollywood, Maryland, U.S.A., 20636
Telephone: 1-301-373-5466 Facsimile: 1-301-373-3788