Re: Strawpersons Living in Houses of Cards

Jay Woods (jwoods@sr.radiks.net)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:27:51 -0600 (CST)

I have no trouble imagining low input agriculture sustaining populations
in the US. The key concept that would need to be adopted is underground
housing and commercial buildings. Then the farming via CSA would be
literally overhead. That should cut down on travel time. As small scale
and intelligent machinery is developed to handle raised beds the
production per person will rise to match or exceed current agribusiness
norms.
---Jay Woods