(Fwd) Re: ridge tillage

Jeff Goebel (goebel@mail.wsu.edu)
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 10:01:08 +0000

Why not change paradigms? Instead of fighting weeds, grow weeds in
conjunction with crops, but pick weeds that benefit the crop. Or,
grow crops that are weeds, plants that want to exist in the
successional stage that the current land condition dictates. Or what
about planting without tillage. There are several ways to expand the
paradigms of weeds, chemicals, tillage, and crops. Can we find ways
to get out of the box on the bulk of the farmlands of the world?