Re: Willie's Question re GE

David S. Conner (dconner@zoo.uvm.edu)
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 10:52:50 -0500 (EST)

My experience and research in labeling products of GE (rBST milk
in Vermont) tells me that labeling would be more effective if
products not "GE" were labeled. That way, consumers could seek
them out and buy them. The mandatory rBST law was a huge
failure. It is clearly not in the interest of GE producers to
label. So let the nonGE producers do so, and then charge a premium
if necessary.

David Conner
Center for Rural Studies
207 Morrill Hall, UVM