Transgenic Diner

I was reading "The citizen's guide to biotechnology" and in it had a
piece called the Transgenic Diner.

This book is 2 years old and I was wondering what on the menu is actually
still available our supermarkets, specifically the biotech potatoes and
tomatoes?

The Transgenic Diner

A dinner of Transgenic Food
(real combinations that are now available)

SOUP DU JOUR
flavr savr tomato soup
tomatoes that have stayed fresher while stored longer!

APPETIZERS

spiced potatoes with Waxmoth genes - no bruises on these potatoes!
Juice of Tomatoes with Flounder gene - freeze 'em and they still taste
fresh!

ENTREE

Blackened Catfish with Trout gene - grown faster to reach your table
sooner!
Scalloped Potatoes with Chicken gene - guarenteed disease free!
Cornbread with firefly gene - no extra cost marker gene!

DESSERT

Rice Pudding with Pea gene - stays fresh longer!

BEVERAGE

Milk from cows treated with recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone -
Bessie never gaves so much milk!

Teige Davidson
Tufts University
School of Nutrition Science & Policy