Re: Genetically Altered Foods Classified as Toxins by EPA

Hi everyone,
 In my humble opinion genetically altered plants
and animals are not *always* bad or dangerous, but
the element of risk can vary substantially between
the various alterations.  Has anyone tried to
systematically classify the various alterations in
terms of the type and degree or risk?

Jim

>An interesting development.... P. Dines
>
>--- FORWARD --
>
>Date:    Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:40:11 -0600
>From:    "Noel A. Taylor" <nataylor@HSONLINE.NET>
>Subject: Genetically Altered Foods Classified as Toxins by EPA
>
>>From _The Celestine Journal_ Vol. 4 #3 p. 3:
>
>"New Toxins in Food:
>
>"Corn and potatoes engineered to produce toxins that kill insects are now
>classified as pesticides instead of vegetables by the Environmental
>Protection Agency."
>
>                                                                --Noel

Jim Wright
Box 129