No Subject

In Australia we are involved in a huge debate regarding the genetic
manipulation of foodstuffs and the public's right to know. Currently the
debate is about genetically altered soy beans. These beans have been altered
to make them tolerant to the herbicide glyphosate. The Australian Food
Council believes that this is a good thing and is putting pressure on
growers of soy bean not to label their products as being free from genetic
alterations. They (AFC) claim that the Food Standards Code also specifies
permitted residues of a range of agricultural chemicals that include
acephate, bentazone, bitertanol, chlornidine, cyfluthrin, 2,4-D and others.
We would like some assistance to enable us to show the AFC the error of it's
ways, but we are not sufficiently scientifically literate to be able to do
this. Can someone help us, please.