New sustainable farming website

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
More information: Chris Shirley (610) 791-9683 cdshirley@aol.com

New Farm Editors Launch Website

Two former editors of The New Farm magazine have
launched Sustainable Farming Connection, an
interactive World Wide Web site where farmers and
others forging more sustainable food systems can
find and share valuable information.

"Our site offers innovative production and marketing
stories to help you cut costs, improve soil, protect the
environment and add value to healthy food," says site
author Craig Cramer.  The SFC webpages include commentary
by rural writers such as Gene Logsdon, timely news and
action alerts, archived material and links to other key
sites.

Discussion groups also provide a forum for farmers to ask
questions, exchange tips and "talk" with others about
topics of importance to them.

Rural Internet access has soared in recent months, notes
Cramer.  "With a website, we can reach more farmers and
bring them even more of the practical information they
want than we could in print.  Instead of getting an issue
every couple of months, readers will want to check in
daily to see what's new.

"We're calling on farmers and other ag professionals with
Internet access to serve as information 'hubs' to help
spread the word to others," he adds.

SunSITE at University of North Carolina has
volunteered to host Sustainable Farming Connection.
Support from the Wallace Genetic Foundation and the
encouragement of many well-known organizations
including the Wallace Institute for Alternative
Agriculture also have played key roles in the site
debut, notes fellow editor Christopher Shirley.
"Your 'on-site' comments will help ensure we meet
your needs," he says.

Stop in for a visit at:

  http://sunsite.unc.edu/farming-connection

For more information about the site and sponsorship information, contact:

Christopher Shirley
cdshirley@aol.com
Committee for Sustainable Farm Publishing
609 S. Front St.
Allentown PA 18103
(610) 791-9683

This news release is also available at: